Wednesday, December 15, 2010

HEIDI'S HOW'D SHE DO THAT? TIPS, TRICKS AND TECHINIQUES

Quick and Easy Vintage Christmas Ornaments

Hello! Are you surviving all the hustle and bustle of the holidays? I can’t believe there are only 13shopping days left and then it will be Christmas!! Well, I don’t know about you but I am always looking for those quick and easy gifts when you need just a little something.



Today, I am going to share with you how you can create these very quick and easy vintage Christmas ornaments.

I selected images from the Crafty Secrets Merry Christmas Creative Scraps. I love the sheets of Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets; they are filled with so many wonderful images.

Next, I created a framed edge with buttons. I have a jar full of white and ivory buttons and I used different shapes and sizes to create the frames. I used 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue from Beacon Adhesives to adhere the buttons.

I used a paper piercer to create holes and then threaded a piece of wire.


I twisted the wire to create hangers for the ornaments. After I had the hangers on I brushed over the buttons with glue and added the chunky glitter.

For an embellishment I punched out snowflakes using the Martha Stewart snowflake punch, inked them with Antique Linen Distress Ink from Ranger and added a Prima rhinestone in the center.

I made some crinkled seam binding using Waterfall and Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. To create the crinkle seam binding I used White Snug Hug Seam Binding and lightly misted it with the Glimmer Mist, then scrunch into a ball, put the ball into a baggie and tie it up tight with a twist tie and leave it sit over night. When you take the seam binding out the next day it might still be a little damp so fluff it up and set aside to air dry or heat set with a heat tool. Use the crinkled seam binding just as you would ribbon.






Supplies

Paper: Crafty Secrets Merry Christmas Creative Scraps; WorldWin White Cardstock
Ink: Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink
Punches: Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch

Accessories: Tattered Angels Waterfall, Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist; Prima e. Rhinestones; Snug Hug Seam Binding; SCRAPBOOK ADHESVIES By 3L White 3D Foam Squares; Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll Glitter Pen; Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Gem Tac; Paper Piercer, Wire, Clear Chunky Glitter

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are staying warm and having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,

Heidi

My Blog: http://embellished-dreams.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!!! Love those glittery, vintage snowmen (& lady) hangers! Just darling! And I've got oodles of buttons I could use!
    Thanks a bunch for sharing!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete