Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Independence Day - Vicki Boddicker

July means Independence Day and so many families and friends gather for picnics so I chose to make a card for a July 4th BBQ.
The first thing I did was to cut out the pieces from the BBQ die set using various colored card stock. I assembled the pieces onto white cardstock before I cut out the white oval die. The red oval was cut and then embossed.
Next I cut out letters from navy and red card stock. The whole layout at that point looked too plain but I remembered some patriotic ribbons I had.  
To assemble all the pieces, I very carefully layed them out on the white background to make sure how I wanted the final presentation.
Tiny pieces are difficult to glue or tape so I ran the letters as well as the ribbon through a Xyron. The white and red ovals were attached using tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment